Friday, July 12, 2013

So I decided that I never want to get divorced?

Howdy folks.

It's not like I just decided this today or anything, but today it's really just ringing true because of a couple of things.
For one, my dad recently got remarried, and I have been struggling with no longer being his number one gal anymore. I'm upset by being number two when I've come to see myself as number one since I was about 12 years old. I feel like only time is going to heal this because I can't really do anything about it. Someone told me in a text today that the only thing I can do is make sure that I don't let this happen to my future family. I sure as heck want to make sure that my own children are never torn apart by the issue of divorce. I feel like I, along with other people, who have experienced divorce value and give even more extra attention to marriage. The man I will marry someday is going to be my husband until the day that we die.
For two, today at work two of my old neighbors came in. This man and woman have been like a third set of grandparents to me at many times during my life. They are the sweetest people I have ever met. In our conversation, they told me that they will be celebrating their 61st wedding anniversary next week. WOW! I just wanted to give them big hugs and congratulate them. WOW. That's really all I can say. What love and devotion those two have shown and still show each other 60+ years later. I hope and ask God that he would bless me with a love like these two wonderful people. We also had another customer at work who said it was he and his wife's 42nd anniversary today. May God bless these wonderful people.
And finally for three, I had a chat with one of my lifelong friends today who is preparing to get married, and I can just see the glow in her eyes when she talks about her fiancee. I've decided that "when you know, you know." You could date for 5 months or 5 years, and when you know this is the one, you just know.

I hope that this post finds you well and in love. ♥

Love,
LHDC

No comments:

Post a Comment