Tuesday, January 21, 2014

So I decided... nothing. Today was just rough.

Hi everyone.

Today there was a shooting at the university that I attend. 
What a day.
I am really struggling to find words to describe what is going on in my head right now. 
I am scared and anxious and struggling to trust other people.
Yet. 
I am so thankful. 
Thankful for my safety, the safety of my boyfriend, and the safety of my friends and classmates.
Thankful for a strong community united by tragedy.
Thankful for family and friends.
Thankful for life, for another blessed day on this earth.
But most of all, thankful for an awesome God. I know He has a purpose and a plan. 
I am thankful for the love of God being spread across this campus of a public school.
I am thankful for my boyfriend who failed to leave my side today. Who said, "Ali, you're not going to class. You're staying right here." 
Many times today I have turned to God, often speechless, unsure of what to say. Yet, I believe God knows the yearning of my soul. 
It's been a whirlwind of a day. So long, but yet so short. 
Life is so precious, so short, and so full of opportunities. Take them. Give them. 
Love each other. 
Pray.
And give thanks.

I'm tired, but so full of thoughts.

Love, 
LHDK

I may not know a lot of things, but I do know to trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. That is something that helps me to rest easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment