Monday, March 24, 2014

So I'm getting married?!?!

Wow, it's been awhile. That's old news. 

Three measly days after my last post, I got engaged! And that's why I haven't been blogging! I've been mega busy with school and life and WEDDING PLANS! Still so exciting! I have definitely found that it is really easy to get caught up in the wedding plans and less in the marriage plans. The wedding is one day and the marriage is a lifetime. Helllo! Clearly this is important. In an effort to focus more on marriage preparation, I recently read a book titled, The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller. It was stellar! If you are seriously pursuing a guy/girl with marriage in mind, engaged like myself, or been married for years, you should read this book. It was awesome. I can't say I read anything in that book that was earth shattering, nothing that made me drop my jaw, but it brought to light and cleared up many things that I had questioned or failed to think about in the first place. Read it. 

Let's talk engagement. If your friends or family get engaged, be supportive. Please. Do it for the long-haired goofball on the internet. That support means the world to them and your lack of support is going to break their heart. I have been overwhelmed by support, and it's been great. I've had times when I have just broke down in tears of happiness for the support I have gotten. Like wow. 20 years old and I say I'm getting married in 6 months. I'm a poor college kid and I have no idea what the "real world" is like but they still have my back! I am just so thankful for my supportive family and friends, and even strangers. Thank you, God! There are still some skeptical cookies out there, unsure of what the heck this little girl is getting herself into and that's tough. It's really tough actually. But I love my best friend and I'm going to marry him in 137 days!

Other words of wisdom:
Men of the world: Ask her father, get down on one knee, and make sure somebody takes a picture. Can you believe my amazing boyfriend, now fiance, did ALL OF THOSE THINGS?! And the ring is gorgeous. He. Did. Awesome.

Girls: Be ready to show off that ring. Like every 5 minutes. For weeks. 


Love, 

LHDK










No comments:

Post a Comment